27 May 2010

Shifting gears

I'm changing directions. Where I've been and what I've been doing has been great and exactly what I needed, but I feel like I could be better serving myself and others by going home. The decision was not the easiest, but at the same time, it felt very naturally like the right thing to do. My biggest fear for this year is that I know the right decisions too late. But I have faith that my search for growth will lead me to good things, to tough things, to complex things and while I am squirming in what is an uncomfortable setting, I will grow into who I am intended yet to be.

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
--Alan Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment